How to Pronounce Porsche
How do you pronounce Porsche? While the pronunciation of Porsche hasn’t exactly baffled linguists, it can be easy to get wrong. There’s plenty of evidence of that around Lakeway and Round Rock, but how do you say Porsche? One of the most common pronunciations we hear is “Porshh.” While this is close, it’s not quite right. In its proper form, “Porsche” is actually a two-syllable word, simply pronounced, “Por-shuh.” Take a closer look into the fabric of Porsche with our model research guides prepared by the experts at Porsche Austin.
A Brief Porsche History
Now that the burning question, “How is Porsche pronounced?” is out of the way, let’s look more closely at its brilliant history. The Porsche brand was first born in 1948, a luxury born from extensive modifications on existing Volkswagen parts. Within a few months, the first Porsche model made its stunning debut. Around 1950, the notable classic Porsche 356 series began production and took the world by storm. Read on for more other historical milestones of the Porsche brand:
- 1953: The 550 Spyder won its first race at the Nürburgring.
- 1956: The 10,000th Porsche 356 is produced.
- 1964: The series production of the Porsche 911 commences, redefining style and performance, throughout the entire industry. See our new vehicle specials to find the perfect deal on the bold 911 and other Porsche vehicles.
- 1974: The Porsche 911 Turbo made its debut at the Paris Auto Show. It was the first production sports car that featured an exhaust turbocharger and pressure regulator.
- 1996: The 1 millionth Porsche vehicle is produced on July 15.
- 2002: The Porsche Cayenne SUV is the third model line produced by the brand.
- 2005: Construction of the Porsche Museum begins in Zuffenhausen.
- 2016: The new Panamera G2 makes its world debut in Berlin.
Your Porsche Dealer in Austin
While there is nothing that can match the performance, speed, and impeccable style of the Porsche, we do our best here at Porsche Austin. From our specialized service center to our numbers experts in the finance department, located just outside of Bee Cave, our attention to detail and streamlined service is built just for you. Search through some of your favorite Tequipment accessories to personalize your Porsche, then we invite you to explore our customer testimonials to see how we measure up against the lux and refinement of the Porsche range.
Write Your Porsche History at Porsche Austin
While you can rest worry-free now that you know how to pronounce Porsche, Porsche drivers in the Lago Vista area can be certain of our experts at Austin for everything Porsche. Stop by our showroom in Porsche Austin today to see the historied Porsche lineup, or contact us directly online.
Learn More With Porsche Austin
Contact Us New Inventory The 2020 Porsche Taycan has arrived in Austin and it’s ready to take your mind off of every other car in its class. An all-electric vehicle from Porsche has been hotly anticipated for years, and the result is nothing short of breathtaking. Porsche Austin examines the specs on the Taycan engine, interior,…
If you’re looking for a high-performance SUV that’s just as comfortable as it is capable, then the 2020 Porsche Macan is exactly what you need. From handcrafted fit and finish, to peerless technology features, you’ll find everything you need to enhance your drive through Round Rock and Lakeway equipped to the Porsche Macan interior. Read on…
Discerning drivers in Lakeway and Bee Cave know that if they want an executive sedan that offers peerless performance and luxury, then the Porsche Panamera is what they need. But what Porsche Panamera price will seamlessly fit into your lifestyle? Just how much is a Porsche Panamera? Our team at Porsche Austin near Round Rock will help you…